FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How does the customer feel during treatment?
SHR is almost pain-less with a warm sensation. It is lightning-fast and will be over in a few minutes before the customer knows it. There is no downtime.
2. What can the customer expect after each treatment?
As hair grows at different cycles, it will take repeat treatments to effectively bring the hair growth down. The hair will become lesser and finer after each treatment.
Most customers can see 40 – 70% reduction by the mid of the package or even better! The number of sessions required differ between individuals. Please note that results differ between individuals, such as:
- Skin tone
- Hair color
- Thickness/ volume
- Individual hormones (or on medications)
- Treatment area
- Unlike darker hairs, red or blond hairs will need more sessions.
3. How long should the intervals between the treatments?
Treatments are spaced at three weeks in the beginning. As hairs become lesser and finer, treatments will be spaced between four and six weeks.
4. How long does each session take?
The lightning speed of SHR means that the treatment time is shorter. It takes two to five minutes to treat upper lips/ underarms. For larger body parts, such as legs, it will take between 10 and 20 minutes.
5. What are the popular areas treated by SHR?
Almost any part of the body can be treated. Most popular areas are underarms, upper lips, fingers, legs, arms, beards, Brazilian, chest, back, etc. It is also suitable for ingrown hairs.
6. Will my Hairs ever grow back?
Actively growing hairs that have been treated with SHR will not grow back. However, hair follicles that were not in the active growth phase, will still need to be treated. It is not unusual to see fine hairs after initial treatments after a few years due to hormonal changes such as menopause, pregnancy or aging. Maintenance is recommended.
Below 16yo for SHR
- Parental consent and presence are required on the first appointment.
- More sessions may be needed, as hormones are still changing, and hair growth is still rampant during teenage years.
- Results vary among individuals. Everyone will experience hair-regrowth over time, REGARDLESS of the technology use as new cells are regenerated.
NOTE: Our machines are approved for Salon use by Singapore Regulators. We do not operate Diode Treatments/ Lasers, as it is only approved for use by Doctors.
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
Please inform the therapist if you:
- Are having menses, pregnant or have any open wounds before the treatment
- Are sick, having or just recovered from rashes, eczema, dermatitis-related skin allergies
- Have performed any of the activities listed in (A)
(A) WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE & AFTER TREATMENT?
- Do not wax or pluck three weeks BEFORE the treatment or between the treatment
- Do not use perfumed products, fragrances, deodorant, aromatherapy oils, bleaching creams 48 hours before/ after the treatment
- Avoid swimming, sauna, steaming, hot shower within 48 hours
- Avoid suntanning one week BEFORE or AFTER treatment
- Avoid exfoliating, microdermabrasion or peels one week before and after the treatment
- Avoid wearing TIGHT clothing 48 hours before and after the treatment
- Keep the area dry, clean and wound-free
- Please shave 1-3 days before the treatment to reduce and avoid skin sensitivity. After the treatment, apply soothing moisturizer, aloe vera or anti-hair regrowth cream
SHR IS UNABLE
- To achieve permanent hair destruction in ONE or TWO treatments
- To remove White Hairs
- To be performed on sun burned skin, sores, blisters, cuts, irritations, tanned skin
- To be performed on skin with allergies, dermatitis, eczema, etc
- To be performed on recently waxed or plucked skin (Need three weeks interval)
- To be performed on tattooed skin